Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 July 2012

Last Day at Sea

The first thing I done this morning on getting up was put my seaband wristbands on!!  I didn't want to start feeling ill like I had done on our full day of sailing at the beginning of the cruise!!  The sea wasn't as rough on the way back however, and would you believe it, the sun was shining and both the sky and sea were brilliant blue!!  We had found the sunshine at last in the middle of the North Sea!!

We just lazed around the ship for most of the day and also attended the lecture regarding disembarkation at Dover.  Our cases had to be outside our cabins at 11 p.m. that night, which is something we hadn't realised would happen, so it was a logistical problem for me to sort out what to pack, what to keep in the cabin and where to pack it in the morning on leaving the cabin - cabins had to be vacated at 8 a.m.  However, I got that sorted out and made a mental note that if we do another cruise, I must pack a spare bag to pack our nightwear and toiletries in!!

We had lunch at the BBQ on deck which was lovely - and the sun was still shining!!  I took some photos of various places on the ship and then it was soon time to get ready for the Captain's farewell cocktail party prior to dinner.  Yet more champagne and canapes - I could get used to this!!

After dinner at the Verandah we went to the Britannia Lounge to watch the last show of the cruise - a Motown special again put on by Explosive Productions, which was just superb, as were their previous shows.






We had an earlier night than normal so that we could get back to the cabin to prepare to disembark at Dover in the morning, plus of course we had to get those cases outside the cabin door!!

No comments:

Post a Comment